Portraits of Montrealers
CALL FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
Until April 22
In the hopes of creating a large album of family portraits of Montrealers as part of the Building Montréal exhibition, Pointe-à-Callière would like to borrow some of the photographs that you have carefully preserved. Does your family have Montréal roots? Do you still have your grandparents’ wedding photos? Or even your great-grandparents’? Do you cherish your childhood portraits? Have you kept your class photos? The museum is looking for original photographic prints—new and old, colour and black and white—of Montrealers.
You now have the very unique opportunity to bring your photos to life and be part of the history of the city of Montréal!
- Choose up to 10 photos.
- Put them in an envelope with your name, telephone number and address.
- Drop the envelope off at Pointe-à-Callière, 350 Place Royale, 2nd floor, at the museum’s offices, from Tuesday to Sunday during opening hours.
- Sign the photograph release form.
- You authorize the museum to include your photographs in the permanent exhibition.
- You agree to lend your photographs from February to November 2018.
- No oval or round photographs
- No slides
- No negatives
- No digital photographs
The deadline to submit your photos is April 22. Pointe-à-Callière will select the images that will be featured in the exhibition and advise the owners.
Note: Pointe-à-Callière reserves the right to refuse photographs, even if they meet the selection criteria (for example, if a photo is already widely represented in the exhibition or space dedicated to the subject). The museum will return the photographs to their owners in November 2018.
Only photographs delivered in person will be accepted.