Curious preschoolers and kindergarten students are always welcome at Pointe-à-Callière.
A Museum guide and assistant Arty Fact, an irresistible puppet, will take them on an exciting tour. Here at the Museum, objects, the walls and even the floor have stories to tell! The children will discover some objects unearthed by archaeologists. Ready for adventure? Open your eyes and ears wide!
Students will also get to experience Generations MTL, presented in a room equipped with a 270º screen. Archaeological remains come to life, a countdown begins, centuries roll by… Suddenly, an island appears, and then, a city. A captivating and memorable immersive experience!
What will the students do at the Museum?
- Imagine life in days gone by as they examine some easily understood models of the city under their feet.
- Explore a unique, fascinating site, the Pointe-à-Callière Museum.
- See some actual archaeological artifacts and find out what archaeologists do.
- Have fun handling objects from different time periods as they categorize, compare and identify them.
Concepts covered during the workshop
- Museum, archaeology, past, present, city, archaeological digs, discoveries, artifacts.
The workshop draws on the concepts of time and space, in particular.
The activities during this workshop are in line with the Quebec Education Program and help develop the following competencies:
- Construct their understanding of the world:
- Show interest and curiosity concerning history, geography (and archaeology);
- Experiment and use tools, materials and strategies in these subject areas;
- Make connections with their everyday life.