Become a Member of the Museum – Membership request
History and archaeology enthusiasts or fans of the Museum, the Members of Pointe-à-Callière are also an important support group for our institution. They serve as true ambassadors, encouraging the Museum and working to promote it. The Members of Pointe-à-Callière are also committed volunteers who play an active part in the various activities organized by the Museum.
Members’ annual membership dues entitle them to many benefits:
- free admission to the Museum and its exhibitions at all times
- invitations to openings of temporary exhibitions
- subscription to Cité, the Foundation newsletter
- activities organized by and for Members
invitation to the annual Members party
Members of Pointe-à-Callière can also enjoy discounts from the following partners, just by presenting their membership cards:
- 50% off admission to exhibitions at the Canadian Centre for Architecture
- 50% off admission to exhibitions at the McCord Museum
- 50% off admission to exhibitions at the Château Ramezay
- 50% off admission to exhibitions at the Maison Saint-Gabriel
- 50% off admission to exhibitions at the Musée de la civilisation
- 25% off the price of Héritage Montréal Architectours
- 20% off a one-year subscription to Continuité Magazine
- 20% off a one-year subscription to Les Naturalistes Magazine
- 15% off the regular price of 2013-2014 season’s tickets to the Orchestre Métropolitain
- 10% discount at the Bourlingueur restaurant
- 10% discount at the Vertuose florist
- 10% discount on children's birthdays at Pointe-à-Callière
- 10% discount at the Museum Shop and 20% on a specially selected monthly product.
- 10% discount at the L'Arrivage restaurant
Past editions of the Foundation newsletter:
Members of Pointe-à-Callière can also become involved as members of one of the Members’ committees:
As a committee member, you can help recruit new Members, work on organizing activities, contribute your ideas and opinions and lots more… all in the company of people who, like you, truly care about the future of Pointe-à-Callière.
Special Activities Committee
The members of this committee suggest activities for Members in the areas of history, archaeology and heritage and are involved at every step in carrying them out.
Development/Members Relations Committee
This members of this committee help recruit Members and volunteers and come up with strategies for staying in touch with and involving Members. They help distribute information on the Foundation’s and the Museum’s activities, and also play an important part in the annual campaign.
To become a Member of Pointe-à-Callière, contact us at (514) 872-4643, or send us the membership form and your payment. You can also join online (see form below).
Become a volunteer
Volunteering is a privilege reserved for Members of Pointe-à-Callière. Volunteers take part in the different events organized by the Museum, like the Cultural Rendezvous, the popular 18th-Century Public Market, the Port Symphonies or the All-Nighter at the Museum, organized as part of the Montreal High Lights Festival. A great number of volunteers are needed to make these events a success. Volunteers are also welcome to help out with the Museum’s regular operations, depending on their interests, skills and talents.